Buy on Steam: Play on your PC natively (Windows / macOS / Linux), Play Offline, Steam Trading Cards, Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud Save
If you buy either version of Faerie Solitaire or Faerie Solitaire Remastered you will get both versions added to your Steam account for the single purchase price!
Mobile versions include support for Android and iOS.
Thank you for playing Faerie Solitaire Remastered! We hope you enjoy the game!
FULL GAME FREE [back to top]
- Play a solitaire classic in your browser! Yes, this is the full online game of Faerie Solitaire Remastered you can play freely in your browser. This is the remastered version of Faerie Solitaire (2009) powered by a new engine, having more polish, repainted assets, extra features, important quality of life updates, and more! There are no time limits or locked out features or content. There are no IAPs or 3rd party ads. And unlike other sites we’re not monetizing your data either, there is no user data collection happening on Solitaire.io at all. We hope you will consider supporting us by buying the full version on Steam or mobile, or by pledging $1 or more on our Patreon so that we can continue to release games like FSR on this site as full games everyone can enjoy.
- This game is on the larger size of web games (about 125MB to download) and all of that bandwidth does add up. The entire game downloads all at once in compressed form so assuming you do not clear your browser’s cache, or we do not release an update, you’ll be able to continue to visit the game’s page and play again without needing to download it all again. If you want to be guaranteed to be able to play offline please get the game on Steam.
- Your support means we can pay for bandwidth, better fund current and future game development, pay for more translations of game text, and invest more into technology to improve every game we make. Please share this game!
KNOWN ISSUES [back to top]
- If the game does not load properly / seems to get stuck try to refresh the page. It may take at least 3 attempts of refreshing for it to finally fully load. We're looking into the cause of this happening in some locations.
- We are still improving FSR over time. If you discover an issue please contact us about it and we will try to solve it. If you notice text issues in this page or feel some description is missing please let us know.
- We will try to make permanent fixes to the known issues over time.
- On the HTML5 version there are audio glitches while the game opens some dialogs / popups / changes screens / changes songs. We are looking into options to remedy this. If your computer’s CPU is fast enough you may not experience any audio issues while the game decompresses various screens to load. If the audio glitches for music / loading are too strong try to lower or mute the game’s music/ambiance volume and turn on some other pleasant music in the background of your choice.
- HTML5 games are possible to play in mobile browsers, but this is not the ideal setup. We recommend either Google Chrome, Firefox, or the Brave browser on a desktop computer. Of course the most ideal way to play FSR is on Steam followed by mobile versions then the HTML5 version. Of course we do our best to make the HTML5 as good as possible if you want the best experience play on Steam.
- If you clear your browser cache / the cache of this site you will possibly lose your save game data. If you do not want this to happen we recommend you play on Steam instead. To minimize the chance of save game loss, test what clearing your browser’s cache does first with the various options it gives you. Generally modern browsers do not require manually clearing the browser cache — instead the browser automatically clears files that are old and unused to free up space on its own.
- If the game gets stuck loading try to hold down the Shift key and then click refresh to force a full refresh of the page.
- If you close the game while on the game screen there is a chance your save data will get corrupted for that hand. If this happens you’ll get an “autowin” like effect but will have to restart that hand. If you wish to play FSR in your browser to completion.
- If you are using the Firefox browser and cannot type your name properly for a profile ensure that “Search for text when I start typing” is not checked in Options → Advanced → General → Accessibility
- Microsoft Edge does not display the custom cursor properly, older IE versions may not be supported at all.
- The custom cursor in Firefox looks pixelated.
- Cutscene timing is off.
INSTRUCTIONS [back to top]
Enjoy the magical fun of Faerie Solitaire Remastered, the classic card game remade with improved graphics, extra polish, and modern quality of life changes. Discover magical creatures and raise them as your pets, earn pure gold to restore Faerie Land to its former glory, and clear location objectives to save the faeries of Avalon!
Faerie Solitaire Remastered is a solitaire card game. There are many types of solitaire games from classic Klondike solitaire to Canfield solitaire or Spider solitaire. We call the version of solitaire in FSR the “wheel” mechanic since the main form of gameplay is matching cards above or below the foundation in value with the A and K able to be matched. Other names for solitaire games near this genre include Golf solitaire or Tripeaks solitaire, although Faerie Solitaire Remastered is our own original game with its own unique features and appeal.
Create Your Profile
When you launch Faerie Solitaire Remastered, you will be asked to create a profile. You can either type in a name or pick a randomly generated name. Saving is automatic, but with this HTML5 version be sure to return to the main menu each time you are done playing to ensure the game has time to save your progress - if you close the window at any other time there is a chance you may lose progress. If several people play on your computer each person can create their own profile in game. To create a new profile, click the “Hello, Name! Not you? Click here.” text at the bottom of the main menu. This will open a dialog which allows you to manage your existing profiles, delete ones you don’t want anymore, and create new ones.
Faerie Solitaire Remastered has three primary game modes.
Adventure allows you to play the story campaign. Adventure is a linear progression from one location to another. When you reach the end of Adventure you will be able to loop back to the first location and play through them all again.
Quickplay allows you to quickly play any location you have previously unlocked. This will allow you to get perfects on a location you may have previously missed getting perfects on in Adventure mode.
Challenge unlocks after you beat the first location in Adventure mode. Challenge allows you to play and master extra locations with more challenging gameplay mechanics.
The options screen is available from the main menu or the in game pause menu.
Audio / Display
- You can adjust the audio levels for music, ambiance, and sound effects.
- You can toggle fullscreen. Toggling fullscreen can also be done by clicking the Fullscreen text button at the bottom left below the game window. Pressing ESC on your keyboard can close fullscreen mode at any time.
- If you wish to use your system’s own cursors in game you can disable the Custom Cursor option.
- The Vsync and Show FPS options are generally not useful except for troubleshooting graphics issues.
- If you wish to use custom colors for your card values and symbols you can do so here. Make sure custom colors is checked to enable custom colors.
- You may disable various text notifications here if you wish.
HOW TO PLAY [back to top]
Faerie Solitaire Remastered is mostly played with the left mouse click / screen tap. Click cards above or below the foundation card (the card on the right of the deck). When you click on matching cards, they are moved to the foundation. When you draw a card it is moved to the foundation. You can undo card moves with the Undo button for as many Undos you have left on that hand (each layout out of 9 is called a hand).
Your main objective on each hand is to clear all of the cards on the board. If you clear them all you get a perfect! As you clear solitaire layouts, you’ll earn the energy needed to help save the faerie of that location. So long as you complete all objectives you will be able to free the faerie and advance to the next location. For 1,000 Pure Gold, you can retry any layout on the End of Level screen - this can also be accessed via the pause menu (by clicking Menu at the bottom left of the game screen).
In the Faerie and FaeVerse games we call the primary game currencies Pure Gold, or Pure for short (or just Gold if you insist, but in universe it’s more commonly called Pure). You will need Pure to retry hands, unlock powerups, and evolve your pets. If you unlock the powerups which help you to earn pure faster you can make more in the long run!
When you match multiple solitaire cards without drawing from the deck you can generate combos. Combos feel awesome — like you’re flying! Or winning the jackpot! In Faerie Solitaire Remastered, only the value of the card matters, and so it is okay to mix black/red cards within the same combo. If you undo it may undo a freshly started combo also, but if you immediately after play a different card it will begin the combo again.
Once you earn a wild, you may play it to set the foundation to a wild card, which allows you to match any card on the board. If you change your mind you can click the wild button again to move the wild back. You earn mana while playing cards, and earn the most mana while matching cards within high combos. You can also find mana potions under stacks. Once your mana bar is full, you’ll earn a new wild, which you can use as you like, or hoard like a dragon.
There are various hazard cards you will need to clear while on your adventure.
Rose and Thorn - Clear the Rose to uncover the associated Thorn cards.
Ice and Fire - Collect the Fireball to clear the Icewalls.
Challenge mode has more obstacles, but what they are is a mystery for you to discover!
As you earn Pure Gold you will want to occasionally visit Faerie Land and buy up new solitaire powerups. There are various abilities you can unlock so be sure to read each description to know what you want to unlock next. Check back at Faerie Land in New Game + for access to the Secret Shop. What’s so secret about it you might ask? That’s a secret!
Keep drawing solitaire cards without getting anything useful? Aura Ring is your answer. Once you unlock this powerful powerup, you will earn charges to power the Aura Ring up. Each time you draw a card from the deck you cannot actually use the Aura Ring will gain one charge. Once the Aura Ring is fully charged, you can use it also like a wild. Click the Aura Ring to ready it, then click a card to send it to the foundation, and if you change your mind before using the Aura Ring you can click it again to unready it.
As you play, you’ll find eggs and resources needed to complete your pet collection. In Faerie Solitaire Remastered, pets are similar to stamp collecting. They have little practical function (in future games we hope to include more fun mechanics for pets), but collecting them all is fun for some. First set an egg active, then as you play your pet will begin to gain XP. Once an egg is ready to hatch go to the pets screen and hatch it to discover the youth form of that pet. This youth form will also gain XP, and when it’s ready to evolve you’ll also need the necessary pure and resources to evolve it. By fully evolving a pet, you unlock its lore.
There is more helpful text in game for these various solitaire topics on the Help screen. If you get stuck check there, and if you still need help feel free to send us an e-mail at [email protected] at any time and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. Or join our Discord community and ask questions there - a Discord invite link can be found on the about screen in game.
GAMEPLAY TIPS [back to top]
While the game may seem basic at first (because it is, this is a casual card game after all, FSR is intentionally made as a relaxing, and fun game) it does involve strategic play to maximize your chances to get a perfect on each location.
- Sometimes it is better to not play a card if you know it can be used to help you get a larger combo later on.
- Be sure to use your undos wisely, sometimes they can help you discover face down cards for decision making rather than to only recover from mistakes.
- If you have multiple options to play consider which stack you actually want to clear first.
- When you have the option to clear a stack card above another card or a bottom of stack card to clear that stack fully, most of the time you probably want to go for removing the card above another card first.
- Don’t ignore the powerups in Faerie Land, several of them are extremely useful to gain power in game.
- When you hover over a card (not possible on mobile) you will know if it can be matched or not.
TRANSLATIONS [back to top]
- We want to translate our games into as many languages as possible. But it is very expensive to support many languages with sometimes small chance to make back costs.
- If you would like to donate a translation to a language you know, or sponsor a language translation please contact us. Those who help with translations in any way will get listed on the game’s about page.
SUPPORTERS [back to top]
These are the people who are supporting our ongoing efforts. Thank you all!
Atia, JSoup, Kaia S., Kerri M., Phillip P., Shay, Virginia M.
Want to support our games and get your name listed here? Pledge $15 or more on our Patreon to get this and more community perks.
If you cannot financially support us it still means a great deal to share our games with others and to write reviews for our games.
Please enjoy our games!
Thank you for playing!
Thank you to our customers!
Thank you to our community!
— Team Subsoap
If you want to chat with us devs and those in our community join our Discord server. You can find an invite link on the about page in game! You can ask us general questions or give us suggestions in our Discord. Patreon supporters of $1 or more get a special Discord role.
Help - Privacy - Terms